CARE Ratings Nepal Limited (CRNL) is incorporated in Kathmandu, Nepal and is the second credit rating agency to be licensed by the Securities Board of Nepal w.e.f. November 16, 2017. CRNL provides credit ratings and related services in the geography of Nepal.
CRNL’s shareholders are CARE Ratings Limited, India (CARE Ratings), Vishal Group Limited, Emerging Nepal Limited, Nepal Reinsurance Company Limited, Global IME Bank Limited, Prudential Insurance Company Ltd. and Life Insurance Corporation Nepal Ltd. The majority shareholding is with CARE Ratings.
CARE Ratings Limited (formerly known as Credit Analysis and Research Ltd.) has almost 3 decades of track record in providing high quality credit rating and related services in India. With the rating volume of debt of more than 1 trillion USD, CARE Ratings is proud of its rightful place in the Indian capital market built around investor confidence. CRNL gets technical support in the areas such as rating systems and procedures, methodologies, etc. from CARE Ratings on an ongoing basis. The technical support ensures that CRNL has adequate resources to provide high quality credit opinions in Nepal.
CRNL has constituted its Rating Committee with members comprising officials from CARE Ratings, India. In Nepal, CRNL provides ratings for various instruments such as bonds, debentures, Commercial Paper, bank deposits, structured finance and other debt instruments besides grading to Initial Public Offer, Follow on Public Offer, Rights Issue and ratings for the bank facilities including term loans, working capital limits, non-funded exposures (guarantees / Letter of credits) etc. CRNL also covers rating of issuers including insurance companies, Asset Management Companies and SMEs.
To be a respected company that provides best – in its field – quality and value added services.
- To offer a range of high-quality analytical services to the stakeholders in Nepal’s financial markets
- To build a pre-eminent position for ourselves in Nepal in credit risk analysis, research and information services
- To earn customer satisfaction and investor confidence through fairness and professional excellence
- To remain deeply committed to our internal and external stakeholders
- To apply the best possible tools & techniques for risk analysis aimed to ensure efficiency and top quality
- To ensure globally comparable quality standards in our rating, research and information services
- Integrity and Transparency: Commitment to be ethical, sincere and open in our dealings
- Pursuit of Excellence: Committed to strive relentlessly to constantly improve ourselves
- Fairness: Treat clients, employees and other stakeholders fairly
- Independence: Unbiased and fearless in expressing our opinion
- Thoroughness: Rigorous analysis and research on every assignment that we take